Portable Nebulizer: Definition, Types, Advantages
Effective treatment, as well as preventive measures for various respiratory diseases, has become available today. But what if it is necessary to leave somewhere and the course of therapy should not be interrupted? Here, portable nebulizers will help you – they can easily be taken on the road and are easy to operate in any conditions.
Types of portable nebulizers
Modern portable nebulizers are divided into three main types, depending on the mechanism of work:
- Based on mesh technology.
Each of the types has certain advantages compared to others – it can be weight, size, cost or the medicinal formulations used. To understand the possibilities of the presented types, it is necessary to identify the main characteristics:
- A compressor nebulizer – its operating principle is based on the effect of the internal compressor on the fluid that you use in the treatment. As a result, a certain amount of the smallest particles is released and they are capable of delivering medicine to any part of the respiratory system. This is a fairly inexpensive option that can be used with a wide range of solutions on a different basis (even antibiotics or oil formulations). At the same time, a device of this type can be quite compact but it hardly fits in a purse;
- An ultrasonic nebulizer works when exposed to waves of various lengths with the release of the smallest particles of the drug, which can even reach the bronchi. The price of such devices is slightly higher than the compressor ones, while ultrasonic devices are very compact and weigh quite a bit. The only drawback is the inability to use oil-based drugs and some others;
- A mesh nebulizer is the most modern type. It is as effective as ultrasound devices, but at the same time, it has no restrictions on the use of drugs. Passing through a special membrane, drugs are converted into substances of record small size, while the structure of the molecules does not change. This means that the treatment will be extremely effective, as confirmed by customer reviews. The size of such portable nebulizers may be less than 100 grams.
Why you should choose a portable nebulizer?
Inhalation procedures with a portable nebulizer, regardless of the model, has a whole list of indisputable advantages:
- You can carry out procedures for patients of any age;
- Positive effect on the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract;
- High precision dosage of the drug;
- Promotes rapid absorption of drugs;
- The result of therapy quickly manifests itself;
- The ability to regulate particle size, which allows you to direct drugs to a specific part of the respiratory system;
- Rare side effects;
- Simplicity and ease of use.
Where to buy a portable nebulizer?
You can buy a portable nebulizer at specialized online stores since the sale of medical devices on the net is very active today. But how to make a choice in such a large selection? The answer is simple – pay attention to what is really important – an excellent ratio of quality and price, a guarantee and well-known manufacturers.