Blister Packs for Medications
Modern technologies provide the opportunity to choose the means for packaging and storage of medications and dietary supplements in capsule and tablet form. Packing tablets in blisters in the United States of America involves the quick performance of work with the provision of guarantees from the manufacturer.
Packaging in blisters is one of the most reliable and convenient. It is in demand among manufacturers of dietary supplements, medications, and other health-related products. Among the main advantages of such packaging are sterility, continuous modernization of blistering mechanisms and improving the quality of finished products.
Other benefits include:
- the possibility of long-term storage of drugs;
- low cost of finished packaging;
- the ability to pack not only tablets but also capsules made of gelatin with dry and liquid filler;
- flexibility in the selection of packaging forms.
The procedure for sealing drugs and dietary supplements in blisters is carried out on special blister machines in several stages:
- film reel from the drum. At this stage, the film heats up and sticks to a special molding drum, forming future cells.
- loading tablets (capsules). A film with a new form is supplied to load products, where it passes a control for filling.
- coating with aluminum paper. The foil is automatically wound off the roll.
- gluing together. It is done at a high temperature.
The final product undergoes rigorous quality control. The final product is rejected if there is a poor quality result. After that, the packaged tablets are determined in cardboard boxes and delivered to the pharmacies.